April 23, 2009

Community Interview: Kristy Mount

April's Community Interview is with Kristy Mount, local mom and creator of Potty Mouth Designs!

Kristy has had a love for fashion and design since she was a child herself.

After years of designing and sewing her own clothes, her passion led her to study fashion at Parsons School of Design in Paris and graduate from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.

And while producing her own line of clothing has always been a dream of Kristy’s, it wasn’t until she became a stay-at-home mom that her dream was realized. After having her first baby, Nathaniel, Kristy became dissatisfied with the traditional designs and colors that dominated the baby clothes market. By the time Kristy’s second child, Anabelle, was born she decided to do something about it and began making her own clothing and accessories for her little ones.

So began Potty Mouth Designs.

Where did you come up with the name "Potty Mouth Designs"?

A group of us gets together every week to craft/ socialize/ vent about parenthood and since the kids are asleep, the expletives just seem to roll off my tongue. My friend Kristen said that if I ever started to sell my stuff, that I should call it Potty Mouth Designs, so I did. It was just the perfect fit.

What is the most rewarding aspect of Potty Mouth Designs?

Knowing that I make a product that people find worthy enough to take home for their children or give to someone they care about means a lot to me. And while I wouldn't trade staying home with my kids for the world, sometimes its good to know that people other than my family appreciate something that I do.

Stop by Crunchy Granola Baby and check out all of Kristy's Potty Mouth Designs!

No comments: