March 2, 2009

Community Interviews: Jennie Cudmore

This March, we're introducing a new blog feature!

Each month, we'll interview a different local parent about his/her kids/job/hobbies/passions and anything else we feel like discussing. We're hoping this feature will help our friends and customers get to know one another better and create a strong community within the shop, Salem, and the North Shore.

March Q&A with Jennie Cudmore. In case you didn't know, Cudmore is the owner of Crunchy Granola Baby.

Where did you come up with the name Crunchy Granola Baby?

[laughing] I remember talking to my mom about what a good name would be while I was nursing Tommie and watching the Food Network.

What inspired you to open Crunchy Granola Baby?

While I was pregnant with my two year old son Tommie, I was forced to do all my “green” shopping online. And I kept thinking it was so backwards that I couldn’t physically touch my cloth diapers before buying or feel the organic cotton tee before purchasing. And so I figured that instead of just sitting back idle, I might as well go ahead and do something about it. And when I really started thinking about it, I realized how great it would be to create a place where families could meet other families and feel comfortable just hanging out and, of course, spreading the “green” word.

What has been the most rewarding aspect of Crunchy Granola Baby?


I love that I have met, and continue to meet, new and fabulous families whom I am always learning so much from. I am truly blessed to be able to do something I truly love. I have made so many lifelong friendships and am forever grateful for that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this idea guys. Can't wait to read more.