Learn to avoid breastfeeding obstacles now rather than try to over come difficulties later. Our Three Hour Learn Everything Breastfeeding Class takes place on Monday, January 18 at 6:30PM and covers a variety of subjects:
What you will learn:
- Milk production – From colostrum to antibodies, how your milk changes to fit your babies needs. Feeding cues - How to tell when your baby needs to be fed & when your baby has had enough.
- Baby led latch – Learn why babies latch on more comfortably when you allow them to do it themselves.
- The golden hour – Making your baby’s first time at breast a success even if you’ve had a c-section.
- Establishing a good milk supply – Why frequency matters more than quantity.
- Hospitals & the hidden obstacles – From IV drips & tethered births, to baby baths & hospital beds, ways that hospital policies can hinder breastfeeding.
- What to expect – From growth spurts to dirty diapers, what’s normal and what isn’t.
- Getting more sleep - How cribs & schedules can interfere with a mother’s sleep.
- What dad can do – How dad’s role changes over the first six months.
- Shower gifts and gadgets – Which ones help and which ones can actually interfere with breastfeeding.
- How to bottle feed a breast fed baby – When to introduce a bottle & how to bottle feed correctly.
- Friends & Foes – Handling visitors, including the nay sayers.
- Avoiding post partum depression – Tips for minimizing the baby blues.
- Solids & Weaning – Why looking at the baby is more important than looking at the calendar.
- Finding your tribe – Where to find support and other like minded mothers in your local community.
The fee for this class is $90. Please register directly with Kathy at 978-922-4289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*And if you can't attend this class, then be sure to attend the next class on February 15, 2010. Learn more!