Everyone posted such amazing ideas for our fill-in-the-blank question, but we could only pull ONE name from a hat, so …
Congratulations to Kate O’Brien for winning Twitter Tuesday! And check out ALL our wonderful responses below:
We asked: "The best way to go green w/kids is ________________." You answered:
- Organic food.
- Cloth diapers.(Lots of you said cloth diapers!)
- Free-cycling or donating gently used toys, clothes and baby gear. (Don't forget about our Once Crunched line!)
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Teach them to reduce, reuse, recycle, shop local and eat organic
- Teach them to respect Mother Earth all around.
- Roll them on the lawn. They'll certainly be greener after that. (Hehe, that's a good one.)
- Shop local organic farmer's markets for in season fruits and veggies.
- Spend a little time outside, every day, from the moment they are born. And let them go butt naked as a way to potty train them.
- Let them taste a vegetable garden.
- Let them get dirty.
- Start potty learning early and replace your diapers with a handful of organic cotton training pants.
- Use hand-me-downs instead of buying new!
- Get very creative with whatever's in the recycle bin for craft time.
- Use glass and metal bottles.
Any other ideas? Post 'em below! And stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook next Tuesday for another great contest and YOUR chance to win a CGB prize.