Medical studies at Cambridge University have shown that wool has a soothing, swaddling effect on babies, resulting in better sleep, reduced stress, greater contentment and improved weight gain.
In the summer babies stay cool and dry when they are on wool because of natural air circulation through the fibers. In addition, wool absorbs perspiration and moisture more than any other material.
Of course, wool also keeps babies warm in cool weather. Pure lambswool soothes and comforts baby with a soft, swaddling effect, reduces stress and restless movement, and promotes sleep.
Wool fibers also limit the growth of harmful bacteria and are naturally fire retardent. It's hard to get all of these properties in one fiber!
Did you know...
- Wool is a natural fiber that can absorb up to 30% of its weight in water without feeling damp.
- Wool maintains a constant temperature around the body allowing a more comfortable sleep.
- Wool provides support at pressure points, reduces bedsores and aids their healing.
- Wool improves sleep and relief from symptoms such as stiffness and pain.
- Wool disinfects itself in fresh air without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Unlike other companies, Snugglewool never requires that the Merino animal give its life. Instead of using sheepsking, they use a backed fleece on their Merino sheep in Australia and New Zealand.